In 2019 – 2020 we campaigned for Lambeth Council to run a damp survey
- In June 2019 we led a delegation to Lambeth Council asking the council to “appoint an Environmental Health inspector as our landlords were refusing to take action.
- In October 2019 the council said said the surveyor was coming in November
- In January 2020 the council said the reason the surveyor hadn’t come was because “in order to engage the independent Environmental Health consultant we [the council] need the housing associations to provide us with certain documentation relating to the damp and mould issues on the estate. Unfortunately, two of the three housing associations have failed to do this”. The Housing Associations were given a final deadline of 7th February 2020 to respond
- In February 2020 the council said the survey would be further delayed because the Housing Associations were not cooperating regarding getting access to flats
- In April 2020 the council said the survey would start as soon the Corona Virus restrictions were lifted
- In June 2020 Cllr Jennifer Brathwaite said the surveyor was Sanctum. They are doing desk based work that would finish on 27th August 2020.
- In August 2020 we were told the desk based part of the survey will not complete until 7th October. This delay was covered in the South London Press
- In October 2020 we were told the first stage we were told the first stage of the report was finished. We’re still waiting for news on what it says