Do you need an EWS form to sell your flat?

The government recently issued this press release  stating that buildings without cladding should not need the EWS form. However, this may not help people on our estate

Some lenders were not specifically asking for the EWS form, but asking the freeholder to answer a list of questions, including if the building had an external wall safety survey, which is currently basically the EWS1 form. It looks like some lenders will accept a confirmation from the freeholder that the building does not have combustible cladding. But this is not something residents have been able to get from Metropolitan.

One leaseholder has asked Metropolitan for the latest Fire Risk Assessment for Kynaston House, but Metropolitan have replied they do not send this to leaseholders. So she may have difficulty selling her flat.

Does this affect you too? If so, please contact us

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s