High Trees Community Development Trust is in the process of commissioning a permanent and engaging piece of public art in Tulse Hill. Look out for it as you come down the hill. We’re hoping they’ll do something similar on our estate soon
The project was following a community consultation back in November 2018. The consultation took a multi-pronged approach and was delivered in the following ways:
- A series of pop up mobile workshops around Tulse Hill, using an interactive survey housed on a wagon to collect responses.
- Door knocking with paper surveys in targeted areas around proposed sites for the artwork.
- Listening sessions with local groups with discussions around the project and completed paper surveys .
- Online survey published on local social media pages.
The findings which were garnered from this consultation determined the location, inspiration and theme of the artwork.
The following two locations have been earmarked and the theme will be Unity and Community, it is hoped it’s content will be relevant now and will continue to remain relevant to the local community into the future.
- Tulse Hill Estate. Wall available for 2D Artwork. Area available for 3D artwork
- Entrance onto Tulse Hill Estate. Open space available for 3D artwork.
How to be involved:
If you are an artist interested in applying to be considered for this commission, please download the brief and application form. Please note: priority will be given to artists who live, work or have a connection to Lambeth, but anyone is welcomed to apply.