The Tulse Hill TRA and Tulse Hill Labour Party are organising a community meeting on how we can keep our young people safe. Diane Abbott, the shadow home secretary is speaking. We encourage all residents to attend
Shortly after the killing of a young person in Tulse Hill last year, a public meeting was held to discuss the increased violence. In London, since then, 10 more young people have been killed in 2019.
The root causes of this violence are complex. The main one identified is government policy on austerity, including cuts to the police, education and youth services.
At the meeting, we will talk about what needs to be done locally and across London to tackle the violence experienced by young people. A campaign for better youth facilities in Tulse Hill will be launched.
- Diane Abbott MP, Shadow Home Secretary
- Meconnah Morrison, Local Young Person’s Representative
- Davinia Scott -Young, Secretary, Tulse Hill Tenants and Residents Association
- Mo Seedat, Cllr, Lambeth Cabinet Member for Community Safety
- Jubilee Primary School Governor (TBA)
DATE: Thursday 21st March, 7.00 to 9.00pm
VENUE: Jubilee School, Tulse Hill, SW2 2JE
Organised by The Tulse Hill TRA and Tulse Hill Labour Party.
Download publicity here
Picture of Diane Abbott By PaulNUK – https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnew/28826606196/in/album-72157671339404651/, CC BY 2.0,