An infestation of pigeons is causing a big problem at Williams House. The pigeons are noisy, frighten children, and we’re worried their droppings are a safety hazard
Throughout the years, the residents of Williams have contacted Metropolitan about the following ongoing issue: pigeons getting in and trapped in the building.
Residents have made formal complaints through MTVH.co.uk, they have emailed Metropolitan, they have called Metropolitan, they even tweeted at Metropolitan. Each time Metropolitan has either decided to fob them off, sent a team that doesn’t seem to see the pigeons and you even blamed the tenants for the pigeons getting into the building. This has got to stop.
The residents of Williams House are formally asking Metropolitan to send a team of experts in pest control so that they can assess and determine where the pigeons are coming from and solve the problem for good. We will not be satisfied by another one of your team coming to see for themselves. We demand and deserve a real fix to this problem. Moreover, we also demand that the building be professionally cleaned regularly as the pigeons are making an incredible mess.
By ignoring our ongoing complaints Metropolitan are choosing to put the safety and health of your tenants at risk. The pigeons are making it difficult to access our front doors, they relieve themselves everywhere, fly above us. It is just a matter of time until an accident happens.
The history of this issue is
- One resident complained by email on 14th January 2021 and got no response
- One resident Laurene complained by twitter on 8th May 2021 and 21st May 2021 and got no response
- On 26th May Laurene and Chris went door to collecting complaints.
- We tweeted about the issue on 28th May. Metropolitan replied to say “Our local team is aware of the issue and working with Ark to carry out proofing”.
- On Friday 28th May 2021 Ark surveyed the site. According to Metropolitan they “provided a quote for netting repair, which was approved today. The local team is waiting for Ark to schedule the job.”
- On Friday 4th June 2021 Ark operatives were present again. They cleaned the pigeon mess and fixed the gaps in the netting. They believed this would fix the problem
This issue affects people in many different ways
- “I have small children that like to play on the balcony and with having bird muck everywhere it causes them discomfort. My kids get frightened of the birds”
- “The pigeons roost of the window sill and a very noisy. They wake me up every morning with their terrible noise”
- “When we leave for work or get home it’s often a negotiation moment with the pigeons”
- “I am scared that one day someone will hit their head or trip as they try to avoid the pigeons”
- “Pigeons defecate all over the balcony. I have not been able to use my balcony for 20 years as the pigeons keep nesting there”
But mostly if affects people because of the pigeon droppings
- “These creatures cause diseases from their droppings and the dust from their feathers, they are a potential health risk, my wife and I are fighting a loosing battle trying to maintain our window ledges and balcony free from this vermin and their constant nuisance, we can hear them roosting at night from the fifth floor”
- “I am very hygienic and I take it upon myself to clean up which affects me physically and mentally”
- “The pigeons relieve themselves right at our door which is disgusting”
- “It is left to the residents to clean which is unacceptable. In the two years I have lived her I have never seen a cleaner”
- “This situation is a health and hygiene matter. There are bird dropping along the landing”
- “Our window seals are full of pigeon droppings. Pigeons cause disease. After cleaning our windows seals my wife and I experience diarrhoea like symptoms”